We had a very good debrief and planning meeting on August 31, 2016. Thank you to everyone who participated. The below is a summary of our meeting.
We celebrated a successful Baptist Build 2016 project. Highlights were the joy of working with the partner families and growing the community between the churches. We celebrated raising $59,912 and volunteers contributing 2,423 hours of work. We enjoyed the kick off worship, the youth and clergy/church staff work days.
We set the goal of fully underwriting the $65,000 cost of the materials on a home and increasing the amount of volunteers to work on the home each Thursday, Friday and Saturday during the build from January 14-March 17.
The next step is for each church to put Baptist Build 2017 in their 2017 budget. As suggested in the past, larger churches were asked to provide $6,500. Mid sized churches were asked to provide $3,000-$5,000. Smaller churches were asked to to set a goal of providing $100 or $200 per month ($1,200-$2,400 per year) toward the project. If churches can keep me updated on their plans, I will keep everyone posted on the general status of our fundraising efforts.
We also discussed the importance of each church designating a volunteer coordinator. Coordinators are responsible for notifying Christin Murphy at email@example.com
g of their desired work dates and then encouraging their church's volunteers to register for those days via http://vhub.at/baptistbuil d2017.
Churches were asked to add the following dates to the church's 2017 ministry calendar and promote these dates widely in the church:
- Saturday, January 14: Wall-Building at 7:30 AM at Habitat Wake construction facility, 2615 Westinghouse Blvd., Raleigh
- Saturday, January 14: Wall-Raising Ceremony at 11:45 AM, 5548 Neuse View Drive, Raleigh
- Sunday, January 15 Baptist Build Kick-Off Worship & Mass Choir at 2:30 PM at The Fountain of Raleigh, 9621 Six Forks Road
- Monday, January 16: Youth & College Work Day at 8:15 AM, 5548 Neuse View Drive, Raleigh
- Saturday, February 18: Young Adult Work Day at at 8:15 AM, 5548 Neuse View Drive, Raleigh
- Thursday, February 23: Clergy/Church Staff Work Morning from 8:15 AM- 12 noon, 5548 Neuse View Drive, Raleigh
- Saturday, February 25: Women Build Day at 8:15 AM, 5548 Neuse View Drive, Raleigh
- Saturday, March 11: Choir Work Day at 8:15 AM, 5548 Neuse View Drive, Raleigh
Everyone was encouraged to keep informed about the project through the Baptist Build Blog http://baptistbuild.blogs
pot.com/. Attached is the sponsor packet which was reviewed at the meeting.
With enormous gratitude,